1. Find a poem inspired by a historical figure or event.
2. Conduct research in order to become more familiar with the poem's historical event/person.
3. Create an original poem inspired by this historical event/person.
4. Write a synthesis paper connecting these three things together.
5. Prepare a Works Cited Page.
So, you need to find an historical poem. Ms. Reel suggests you first try a book from the library. Look through the MEGA List of Historical Poetry Topics from Books to see if there are any poems in the books you would like to use. If you can't find anything there, you can go to the links below.
If you can't remember how to gather citations for your research project, check out the video below!