Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use the Information
STEP 4: USE OF INFORMATION
Ask, "How can I best use each source? What information in each source is useful?"
- Read, listen, view, and touch carefully to acquire information
- Distinguish facts from opinion
- Accurately and completely summarize/paraphrase the main idea from the source
- Accurately cite sources
What Is Plagiarism?
1. copying and pasting without citing sources, using quotation marks, or paraphrasing
2. creating fake citations
3. substituting synonyms for words in a passage that has been copied and pasted
4. paraphrasing multiple passages from multiple sources
Check out this video from Bainbridge State College (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0NlWcTq1Y):