Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Strategies for your Search
(Big 6 is a process model of how people of all ages solve an information problem.)
STEP 2: INFORMATION SEEKING STRATEGIES
Ask, "What are all the possible sources to check on my topic? Which sources will have the best information?"
Remember that it is your responsibility to evaluate your sources carefully.
Sources of Energy
Possible sources of energy your company can select:
o Solar o Hydroelectric o Geothermal o Biomass o Nuclear Fission o Fossil Fuels
Information that must be included in your campaign
Information to include in your campaign includes:
- A detailed description of the energy source; define what it is
- Explain how is this source used to create electricity? (step by step of the energy transfer; how it is transferred into electricity… what is electricity?)
- How much do we need to supply enough power for our country or state? (ex: how much land covered in solar panels)
- Environmental advantages & disadvantages of using this source
- Honest cons but try to overcome with the pros
- How does it affect the land and the life that lives there; plant and animal
- Economic advantages & disadvantages of using this source
- Does it create or eliminate jobs? Cost to build vs cost to maintain, etc…
- Other important information on your energy source or interesting pieces of information